Sunday, November 23, 2008

short real story

Funny & Real Story


My husband went to a grocery to buy some goodies and while waiting on the line to ring the items up at the register, he heard a lady next to him exclaim in a loud voice to the cashier: - That’s it; I’m finished!

So, as my husband is usually playful he exclaimed back: - What?! Did you say that you’re finished?! Don’t say that! Don’t say that! G-d Forbid, please, you can’t say that!

Then, the lady answered back in astonishment: - Ah, what, what? What’s the problem?!

He said to her again: - Please, just don’t say you’re finished! G-d forbid, you’re not finished, you’re not dead!

She in amazement replied: Oh, you mean that…Yes, yes, you’re right!

My husband exclaimed back: - Please, always say that you’ve finished with your ORDER or shopping, but never say that you ARE finished! You still have a lot to live for!

Then, the lady concluded: - Yes, that’s right! Thank you for reminding me. In this case, she turned to the cashier: - I’m not finished, yet!


Carine Silberstein ©

No comments:

Post a Comment